Monday, June 29, 2009

Jon Schmidt meets YouTube: 1.8 million strong

When it seemed that everyone in the world had posted this video to their blog and the Davis County Clipper ran a story about how it had already reached 1.3 million (now more-than 1.8 million) hits, I finally took time to watch Jon Schmidts recent great hit.

Since Saturday, the record player in my head won't give it a rest. Even as we worked to build a house Saturday for Habitat for Humanity (which is definitely one of the coolest things I've ever done), this song just kept running through my mind.

For your enjoying pleasure, if you haven't watched it yet, take six minutes (two minutes at the end are his story about how the story came to be) and hear what LDS composer (and former Centerville-ite) did to these two songs.

Here's Love Story (by Taylor Swift) meets Viva La Vida (by Coldplay). If you know the two songs, you'll like it even more. And if you're like me, I hope it gets stuck in your head so when you are building a house, you can sing along.

1 comment:

HappyHoldstocks said...

This is our favorite!!! We have watched it a hundred times. We wish we could play like John Schmidt. As I type this Clayton is attempting Viva La Vida on the piano. Thanks for sharing.