Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

Here's a little shout-out to two wonderful people who started this eternal family 27 years and one week ago (I'm slow on posting this one). My then-newlywed aunt and uncle lined them up. My uncle, who had just snatched my mother's older sister, met my dad at work. "I was selfish, really," he said. "I had to figure out a way to keep your dad around." Fortunately for all of us, his plan worked! Thank you, Aunt Ireta and Uncle John.

Fortunately, my mother was kind and patient (she knew on the second date) and my dad made the right choice.

Twenty-seven years and four kids later (my oldest brother passed away), they are happy, in love, and going strong!

Thanks, mom and dad, for all your hard work and for 27 wonderful years! Here's to the the next 27 years (and the eternity to follow that).

We love you! (and we're glad you got to go on a little getaway-- you deserve that.)

For more about eternal families and how your family can be happiest, click here. We're grateful to know death is not the end.

1 comment:

Peg said...

Cute story about your parents meeting. When a brother introduces a guy to his sister, he REALLY likes the guy! Congratulations to your parents! (Our 29th anniversary is on Sunday.)