Friday, June 12, 2009

Alaska Teaser

I finally got my pictures (long story) from my trip to Alaska a month ago. Here are a few to tide you over until I have a chance to upload some more. A little taste of its beauty and a sneak peak at our fun!


Reflection off the water at Turnigan Arm, near Anchorage.



One of the tallest peaks in the nation's largest National Forest towers above the earth near Glennallen, Alaska.


The famous Alaskan Oil Pipeline. I actually got to touch it at one point during our drive.


And what's North Pole, Alaska without a stop at Santa Claus' house? Unfortunately, he wasn't there. I guess April must be vacation season for the big bearded guy.
Of course, you'll never guess which Christmas song played in my mind as we drove down Santa Claus Lane (I'm not kidding) in North Pole, Alaska, just outside Fairbanks.

1 comment:

aaron and meg facer said...

Yay, pictures! It looks beautiful! I can't wait for more.

BTW, now I'm singing the song!