Saturday, October 4, 2008

My I-Life (My Life at BYU-I)


My I-Life started, well....it was an inspiration, really. Okay, my life didn't start, but the whole idea was an inspired creation, really.

Over the 2008 Summer, I started a blog for a Communications Practicum I was doing. I entitled it: "We put the I in Team" Everybody knows there is no I in team, but I was then serving as the I-Team Director on the campus at BYU-I, so I thought it only natural to give it such a title. Besides, the blog (and my class) was all about my service.
I-Team oversees BYU-Idaho's "Get Connected" (a much cooler equivalent to new student orientation). They wear orange polos and have one of the most incredible blessings of campus: serving the new students when they arrive (see below).

Since some of the content featured our retreat (and other top-secret information...) I made it private and didn't want to spoil the fun. It served its purpose and was a lot of fun to make. I even got an A in the class.

A few months later, I got to thinking....why don't I blog some more? I'll keep the I-Theme and feature other service opportunities I have on campus, as well as other activities. In any case, I can showcase what we do and keep the friends--and distant relatives--posted (no pun intended) on my adventures, experiences, and I-fun.

So, I begin my new journey, featuring the I in me...or the I (for Idaho) in my life.

Le voici: My Life at BYU-I.

2 comments:

HappyHoldstocks said...

Yeah Jared! Thanks for sharing your I-Life. You're doing great things. We can't wait to see what else you will be up to!

marsha addams said...

I loved getting the I-Life! Just want to see a few comments on things going on in the "mission field!" You are awesome....

Marsha