Monday, May 10, 2010

The Family is of God

Have you ever heard this song? I heard it for the first time tonight and love the words. Check them out:

1. Our Father has a family. It’s me!
It’s you, all others too: we are His children.
He sent each one of us to earth, through birth,
To live and learn here in fam’lies.

2. A father’s place is to preside, provide,
To love and teach the gospel to his children.
A father leads in fam’ly prayer to share
Their love for Father in Heaven.

3. A mother’s purpose is to care, prepare,
To nurture and to strengthen all her children.
She teaches children to obey, to pray,
To love and serve in the fam’ly.

4. I’ll love and serve my family and be
A good example to each fam’ly member.
And when I am a mom or dad, so glad,
I’ll help my fam’ly remember:

[Chorus]
God gave us families to help us become what He wants us to be—
This is how He shares His love, for the fam’ly is of God.

Words and music: Matthew Neeley

Click here for a PDF of the music
Click here to hear the song

I know the family is of God. Each person in the family has a divine role and, yes, it's all part of helping us become what our Father in Heaven wants us to become so we can return and live with Him someday.

No comments: