Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Project 1: Self Portrait

I'm learning some new skills in my classes this semester. And I'm brushing up on some old ones, too.

I took Visual Media (the beginners course) before I served a mission. That was Fall 2004. Here we are, more than five years later, and I'm brushing up on those skills with the Advanced Course. Oh boy! What a ride. And tomorrow is Day 2.

Here's my project I'll turn in first thing in the morning.

We had to submit a self-taken portrait and then combine it with another image. The colored image you see is a picture of a picture I took on a mission in Southern France. (Another requirement: all pictures must be taken this semester--it is legal to take a picture of a past picture.)

I put a cross-hatch filter on the self-taken photo, then I cloned the wall (it had a thermostat on it before). And I used a mask to put the beach picture on.
So...here's to a new beginning. There will much more (and much better) than this one. I promise!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Nicely done!

Liz said...

yay Jared! I am excited to see what you come up with!

Nessie said...

Jared,

You are going to LOVE this class. I can't wait to see your work. You're amazing!

Julie said...

That turned out cool. I like how you made the rules work for you by taking a fresh picture of the old picture. Clever. And I like that you look natural like you aren't posing for the portrait. Good luck in the class.