Thursday, February 26, 2009

Mission Memories

Congratulations to my friend Emily Call who just received her LDS mission call (today) to serve in France!

Two weeks ago, I celebrated my four-year anniversary of going into the MTC and the 2 year anniversary of coming home. So here are a few little pictures for Emily and for me!


p.s. Click here to learn more about the Mormons and the missionaries that serve around the world (like Emily and me!).


Beautiful mid-morning sunrise in the Cote d'Azur (Southern France).


Meeting my second mission president for the first time (Aix-en-Provence, France, July 2005).


Celebrating the completion of the new chapel in Aix (May 2005).

Tour de France pictures (July 2005). It came nearby where we were serving, so we got to see Lance Armstrong in-person. Of course, he won.


The baptismal font in the Cathedral St. Sauveur (Aix-en-Provence, France).


"Do you hear the people sing?" Real-life student barricade in Southern France. For some reason, the university was on strike for a few months and we had some friends that lived in the dorms there. I thought it was ironic. Victor Hugo would be proud.


Sunflower fields in Southern France (Toulouse, France, Summer 2006).



Elder Barton and faith. We had five minutes until curfew. The only spot open on the whole street was this one right there. Elder Barton thought we should try it. Despite my deductive reasoning, he decided the car could fit anyway. I guess he just had more faith than I did (and understood the concept of bumper-to-bumper parallel parking. French bumpers were made to work that way). Needless to say, we got in on time, but I had to have proof of what he had done.


Beautiful Corsica. I know. I got to go work there twice. This is what the Elders there saw everyday. This was taken from their kitchen window!


Another picture of Bastia, Corsica. That's the boat that got us there.


The rock house is a member's home. It was built a few hundred years ago and has walls one foot thick. It's very nice and cozy inside! At one time it served as the town hall (St. Vallier, France, Summer 2006).

Cannes, France. November 2006.

Port in Nice, France, Summer 2006. Beautiful!


And to think I lived there for two years? It's still a dream!

6 comments:

Kyle and Megan said...

I can't believe that has been 2 years since you got home. Time sure does fly. It looks so beautiful over there. It makes me want to go back. Hope that you are doing well Jared! Love ya!

Carlee Ann said...

Pretty sure I was in Nice Summer of 2006! ha ha... I'm serious! Just for a day or so though.

Thanks for sharing the pictures! They are so much fun to look at!

Ilez said...

That's crazy to think that it has already been two years since you've been back. Time sure flies. Those pictures are so so beautiful. I would love to go there sometime. I bet you enjoyed your time there.

Kyle and Jessica said...

Hey Jared! It's Jessica (Squire) Turner! I found your blog off of Kira's! It's good to see you are doing so well.

aaron and meg facer said...

That was so fun to see pictures from your mission. What a beautiful place!

Lauren said...

Jared, these are beautiful pictures.