Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Elder Joseph B.Wirthlin


1917-2008

Here's a tribute to a man who lived great and died great. As one of Christ's special witnesses on the earth, Elder Wirthlin served as an Apostle of the Lord since 1986. You can learn more about apostles here: www.mormon.org

Elder Wirthlin's daughter, Jane, who was with him when he died, is a great friend! My mom called her this morning and Jane said that her family is doing well.

Elder Wirthlin passed away in his sleep around 11:30 pm last night.

Perhaps he'll be best remembered for his talks on charity and love, finding peace in a time of grief, and laughing despite the embarrassing or hard times. It seems his family is doing just that! And perhaps he'll be remembered for his talks giving advice from his own life. For me, it was always advice that rings true!

Most of all, he was a servant of Jesus Christ, called and annointed by Him to serve.

May the Lord bless the Wirthlin family. We love them! And may we honor the legacy of what Elder Wirthlin taught.

2 comments:

Heather Lynn Hess Hulse said...

Amen, to that! What a great man!

Lauren said...

Hey! I know I'm slow, but congrats on getting student body pres! You deserve it! And yes, my hubby loves my dress. And I love it too! And I loved reading about "The Brotherhood." I cracked up when I read about it. Don't have too much fun!